Cardiovascular disease has many components to it but the main aspect of the disorder is a physical deterioration of the structure of the cardiovascular vessel walls. This deterioration of structure can be of three main types:
• Clogging of vessels with cholesterol and plaque.
• Damaged areas due to increased pressure and free radical activity.
• Loss of vessel wall thickness.
Cardiovascular disease is mainly a result of unhealthy lifestyle decisions and is therefore preventable and often reversible, by natural means.
The main risk factors for cardiovascular disease are:
• Excess stress and over-activation of the “fight or flight” response
• Overweight and inactivity
• Too much saturated and trans fats in the diet
• Sugar intolerance and diabetes
• High cholesterol
• High blood pressure and
• Cigarette smoking
Ayurveda treatment involves opening the channels of circulation by improving nutrition and metabolism, strengthening digestion, better elimination, internal cleansing, internal medicine, herbalized oil massage, stress management, proper lifestyle and daily routine advice, exercise and flexibility education are also part of treatment.